Beaufort College Adult Education
Terms and Conditions
• Course fees: All applicants for courses/Programmes are required to pay course fees, as advertised, in full on enrolment.
• LMETB allows a 20% discount for those in receipt of social welfare on all hobby style classes. This applies only when the same person is paying for the course and not receiving funding from an outside body. A completed social welfare discount form must be furnished in order to process discount. If Social welfare form is furnished after enrolment, discount will be refunded by card or cheque.
• If third party funding is approved for a course documentary evidence of this must be provided along with a deposit (25% of course fee) to secure place on enrolment. This deposit will be refunded subject to payment by funding body at end of course. In the event that a participant is in breach of terms and conditions laid down by funding body, ie. By not completing the course, participant will be personally liable for full course fee.
• There are minimum numbers required before classes can be formed and classes may be cancelled if this minimum number is not reached. Only courses with sufficient numbers to be economically viable should proceed.
• Places allocated on first paid basis.
• Fee non-refundable once class forms.
• Full course refunds can only be issued to applicants in the following circumstances:
* If a class fails to form due to insufficient numbers enrolling.
* Where an applicant indicates in writing, that they are no longer able to continue with a course due to extenuating circumstances (e.g. Ill health). All written requests for a refund of fees will be considered by the School /college Adult Education Director or the AEO as appropriate.
* Refunds of fees once sanctioned by LMETB either in full or partial, once processed are issued to the applicant by way of LMETBs online payment system or Cheque.
• Transfer between classes is at the discretion of Director of Adult Education.
• Please refer to entry requirements if applying for QQI or ATI courses prior to application.
• Please refer to our Data Protection information available to view on www.meathnightclasses.ie.
ü Special Needs - if you have a special physical or educational need please contact us so that we can discuss how to best facilitate you.
ü Severe weather conditions: encase of severe weather conditions in Autumn Term check the website at www.meathnightclasses.ie or www.beaufortcollege.ie
ü Minimum Age all participants must be 18 years or over to enrol on a night class.
ü Parking at your own risk with consideration for others, leaving all laybys clear and do not park on the grass.
ü Smoking is strictly prohibited in any part of the educational campus of Beaufort College.
ü Property LMETB is not responsible for the damage/loss to students’ property, course work, cars, etc.
ü Tea/Coffee facilities available 8.30- 9.00pm on Tuesday & Wednesday Nights.
ü No classes during Mid term break: week beginning Monday 18th February 2019.
ü Intending students will only be contacted by us if the class that they have enrolled for is cancelled. Once you have enrolled, assume you have your place and attend on the first night.